8 Habits For Healthy Skin in 2023
Spring is a great time to refresh your skincare routine and start focusing on nurturing healthy skin. Here are some ways to do so:
- Wear sunscreen whenever outdoors for extended periods: Even if it's not yet hot outside, UV rays can still cause damage to your skin. Apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin hydrated from the inside out, which can help improve its overall appearance.
- Exfoliate: Spring is a great time to slough off dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin underneath. Choose a gentle exfoliator that's appropriate for your skin type.
- Moisturize: Even if your skin is oily, it still needs moisture. Choose a lightweight moisturizer that won't clog your pores, and apply it daily.
- Eat a healthy diet: What you eat can affect the health of your skin. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids.
- Get enough sleep: Your skin repairs and regenerates while you sleep, so ensure you get enough rest each night.
- Manage stress: Stress can cause inflammation, leading to skin problems like acne and eczema. Practice stress-reducing activities like meditation or yoga.
- Use gentle skincare products: Harsh chemicals and fragrances can irritate the skin. Choose products that are gentle and non-irritating, and avoid anything that causes redness or itching.
Stick to a skincare routine this spring: A consistent skincare routine can help to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize daily, and exfoliate and use masks as needed to keep your skin looking its best.