Pregnancy safe skin care canada
If you're pregnant and looking for safe skin care products in Canada, here are some general guidelines and tips:
- Look for products labelled "pregnancy safe" or "pregnancy-friendly." Many skincare brands have specific lines designed for pregnant women that exclude certain ingredients.
- Avoid certain ingredients. Some ingredients commonly found in skincare products can harm the fetus, including retinoids (vitamin A), salicylic acid, and hydroquinone. It's best to avoid these ingredients altogether or consult with your doctor before using them.
- Use natural and organic products. Natural and organic skincare products often contain fewer harmful chemicals and are considered safe for pregnant women. Look for products free of synthetic fragrances, phthalates, parabens, and sulphates.
- Stick to a simple routine. During pregnancy, avoiding overloading your skin with too many products is best. Stick to a simple routine with gentle cleansers, moisturizers, and sunscreens.
- Be cautious with essential oils. While many essential oils can be safe during pregnancy, some can be harmful. Be sure to research the safety of each oil before using it, and always dilute it properly.
- Look for safety validation from third-party experts like EWG and The Good face Project.
Remember, every pregnancy is different, and it's essential to consult with your healthcare provider before using any new skincare products during pregnancy.
We make exceptionally safe skincare. But don't just take our word for it.
The Good Face Project is one of the most trusted resources worldwide for fact-checking toxic and unsafe ingredients in skincare.
Clean skincare brands rarely receive the Good Face Project Seal of Approval for its entire line, and we are proud to be recognized as one of the cleanest skincare brands in North America.
All our products also meet the EWG's strictest criteria for ingredient transparency and safety.
And we are Leaping Bunny certified.